Over the years, your teeth are destined to endure a bit of staining, even with consistent cleaning and care. Fortunately, your teeth can be professionally whitened to make your pearly whites just that…Read More
Dental Checkups & Cleanings
Practicing good oral hygiene means maintaining your smile by visiting the dentist regularly and taking care of your teeth and gums between checkups. Love to Smile wants to make sure that you get the most out of your office visits, and that your teeth stay healthy for life! We’ll work with you to provide complete dental care, and show you how to maintain your smile at home with the right dental products for you and your family. Schedule an appointment for your checkup and cleaning today, and feel free to continue reading to learn more about our services.
Dental Cleanings and Regular Checkups
Regular dental checkups are an important part of maintaining your oral health. During your regular checkup, your hygienist and doctor will:
- Check for any problems that you may not see or feel.
- Look for cavities or any other signs of tooth decay.
- Inspect your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease.
- Perform an exam of all the hard and soft tissues in your mouth as well as an oral cancer screening.
- Provide a thorough teeth cleaning, rinse, and polish.
- Use an intraoral camera so you can see your teeth right along with us. Together we will form a treatment plan customized for you.
Visiting Love to Smile every six months gives you the chance to talk with Dr. Pedersen and Dr. Patel about any general dentistry concerns. They can answer any questions you may have about your oral health. Checkups are also a great way for you to find out about new treatments that may benefit your smile.
Choosing the Right Dental Products
From toothpaste and mouthwash to toothbrushes and dental floss, it’s important to choose the right products for your smile. Keep in mind that when you’re looking for a new toothpaste or toothbrush be sure to choose one that has been approved by the American Dental Association (ADA). Your dentist can also help by recommending certain dental products for use at home.