Over the years, your teeth are destined to endure a bit of staining, even with consistent cleaning and care. Fortunately, your teeth can be professionally whitened to make your pearly whites just that: pearly white. If you’ve never had a whitening performed by a dentist, you may be curious what it’s all about. What can you expect? And why should you get professional whitening in the first place? We have the answers to those questions and more. As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’re still curious about what we can do for you, or if you’d like to schedule a whitening — Love to Smile now has three conveniently located dental offices in Lenexa, Overland Park, and Peculiar. Now let’s delve into what professional whitening is and how it can help you to transform your smile.
What Is Professional Whitening?
Here at Love to Smile, we offer two professional whitening solutions: Zoom!® Chairside Whitening and Venus In-Office Whitening. Both of our whitening options are painless and effective. Here are a few more details about those options:
Zoom! Chairside Whitening
The Zoom! Whitening system utilizes a whitening gel and a light which activates the gel. This process works within the surface of teeth, removing stains and discoloration. To finish the procedure, you’ll be given a fluoride treatment which provides protection for your teeth. Zoom! Whitening helps to make your teeth whiter right aways, and your teeth will continue to whiten over the next couple days. Results can last for years.
Venus In-Office Whitening
This in-office whitening solution helps to transform your teeth with a few quick treatments using a gel. Two chemicals are mixed together to create this gel, which is then coated on the teeth. The mixing activates the chemical solutions, providing a powerful whitening process. Like our Zoom! Whitening treatments, results can last for years. We may provide you with a take-home whitening kit to further boost your results.
Why Get Professional Whitening?
While some of us opt to use in-home whitening kits, we encourage our clients to consider professional whitening for a myriad of reasons, including all of the following:
- It’s fast and convenient: You can get a treatment in a matter of minutes. You can even schedule your treatment to coincide with your regular cleaning checkup — in most cases. Simply sit back and let us do the work.
- Enjoy long-lasting results: Results last for years on end, instead of a few weeks or months. We use thorough, proven whitening solutions to ensure that your teeth are transformed, and they remain white.
- Less spotting: Whitening strips and other at-home treatments often leave teeth with spotting, due to the inconsistency of the fluoride in the tooth. Unlike those treatments, our treatments are more thorough and more consistent, leading to less spotting and a more radiant smile.
- Low sensitivity: If you have sensitive teeth, then you may not want to expose yourself to an at-home treatment. Certain treatments can agitate the teeth and gums, and you’ll have to grin and bear it if you choose an at-home product that’s harsh on your teeth. Our treatments cause little to no pain, and we can use a sensitivity gel when necessary. We also use a protective fluoride coating to ensure that your teeth aren’t sensitive, even after a treatment.
- Proven to be safe and effective: We only use treatments that are tried and true. You can trust that our treatments won’t harm your oral health, or leave you with less than desirable results.
- Performed by a dental professional: We know your teeth! At-home treatments could leave you guessing about how to perform the treatment. Unlike those treatments, we’ll be looking right at your teeth, ensuring that we perform a treatment perfectly. Plus, we’ve performed hundreds of treatments before. Don’t turn tooth whitening into a DIY project.
Get Whiter Teeth Today!
We hope that we’ve brought clarity to our teeth whitening services and the benefits of coming into the dental office over doing it yourself at home. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out to us to learn more or to schedule your appointment! Again, Love to Smile has three dental offices in Lenexa, Overland Park, and Peculiar.